On my birthday I came up with 25 things I want to accomplish while I’m 25 years old. I just looked at the calendar and realized last week was my 25th & a half birthday! So old! I should be checking things off the list! Let’s see how I’m doing…
The 25 To-Dos While I’m 25
Run a race! Last year Andrew and I signed up for a 10k but didn’t end up participating because of the sad news of my great aunt’s passing a couple hours before the start of the rece. This year, I hope to run a 10k and a 1/2 marathon. Training begins this week!Estes Park Half Marathon in June!
- Hike 5 14′ers — Definitely on the list: Gray’s, Torrey’s, Bierstadt, Evans
- Watch all of the Rocky movies
- Finish reading The New Testament
- Read 12 books. 1 book a month shouldn’t be too difficult, I just need to make time for reading.
Travel somewhere out-of-state with Andrew. This shouldn’t be too difficult since our plane tickets to San Diego have already been purchasedSouthern California in February!
- Attend the 100th Anniversary of Bay to Breakers in San Francisco (Fail! I skipped it and instead flew to California for Easter to visit my family)
- Try 12 new recipes and I will be sure to post them!
- Finish my Colorado scrapbook from years 1 & 2 of life in Colorado
- Take the LSAT (bet you didn’t know I was considering this, huh?) (Oops! No longer interested!)
- Go to a Chiefs game AT Arrowhead
- Attend a SAS reunion since I’ve missed the past few
- Complete a major stuff-cleanse. This means going through everything, and I mean everything, I own and throwing out or donating a majority of it since I probably don’t even need a majority of it.
- Go horseback riding
Go campingDunzo! Annual bible study camping trip 🙂 Catch some fish. A lot of fish. With Andrew.Caught a small mouth bass on the 4th of July weekend… and that was just the beginning 🙂
- Take a road-trip whether that means through Colorado or somewhere else
- Do something at Red Rocks. Whether it be a movie night, a workout, a picnic, a show, another church service, etc…
- Go to Snooze for breakfast
- Finally make time for some counted cross stitch…. more specifically, make time for the one I started in 2009 that has been neglected
- Go for a bike ride around Denver with Andrew
Successfully watch the fireworks on the 4th of July, even if it’s raining
- Visit the following while I’m visiting family in California: Yukimi’s (fave restaurant), Big Sur (fave scenery), Monterey (fave place)
- Introduce (the rest, since he’s already met some) of my family to Andrew
- Go on a long hike with Copper in which he survives & thrives. Last year, he made it 9 long miles on a beautiful hike. He wasn’t even sore the next day.
I have events at Red Rocks & hiking planned and am doing awesome with reading…. but I still have a lot to accomplish! But so far, so good I suppose 🙂